Church Wang or Temple Wang - evangelical parish church in Karpacz in the Giant Mountains, moved in 1842 from the town of Vang, lying on the lake Vangsmjøsa in Norway.
The church was built of pine logs in the town of Vang in southern Norway, at the turn of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. It is considered the oldest wooden church in Poland.
In the nineteenth century Church became too small for the needs of the local population, which is trying to build himself a new church. The church was heavily damaged, but it could be sold to demolish and rebuild elsewhere. Then the Norwegian painter Jan Krystian Dahl staying in Dresden persuaded the Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm IV to purchase it for the Berlin museum.
In 1841 demolished the temple was transported first to Szczecin, and then to Berlin, however Countess Frederica von Reden from Bukowiec convinced the King to carry it to Silesia, where missed church. The Temple was transported to Karpacz Górny in 1842.
A large part of the original features of the church was not suitable for use. The missing parts of construction was made on the basis of drawings. Among the parts of the church is worth noting to ornate crucifix carved in one oak trunk by Jakub from Janowice in 1846.
July 28, 1844 the Temple Wang became the local parish church and it is still for now. It is tourists attraction in Karpacz.
The construction of the church is made without the use of nails, all calls completed with wooden carpentry joints. The church's interior is decorated with original ornaments and sculptures. The construction of the building during maintenance work, according to the nineteenth-century trends in conservation, has considerable expansion. Was added to a high stone bell tower, which protects the wood from the wind of Śnieżka.